Bucik Law Firm provides advice on all aspects of corporate law. Clients appreciate our extensive experience and problem solving skills in complex, often cross-border corporate matters.
We advise companies, financial institutions, investors, family-owned businesses and board members on full range of corporate law and corporate governance issues.
Our advice includes incorporation of companies, designing of corporate governance structures and relevant rules, preparation of general and shareholder meetings, restructuring of corporate entities, resolving of insolvency law issues, as well as handling of matters relating to groups of affiliated companies or M&A matters.
We advise management boards, supervisory boards and managing directors on matters relating to their executive functions and obligations, and on legal safeguarding of their corporate decisions. We also provide legal assistance to managers with regard to their service agreements and in an event of liability issues.
Clients can also benefit from our substantial experience in resolving corporate disputes, both before the courts of law and arbitration tribunals. We represent companies and shareholders in shareholder disputes and administrative review proceedings, as well as in management liability cases.
- Advising a Chinese trading and investment company, with a subsidiary based in the Netherlands, on setting up a subsidiary/branch of its Dutch subsidiary in Slovenia to provide local road logistics and transport services.
- Advising and representing a German entrepreneur on setting up a construction company in Slovenia and conducting his construction business in Slovenia and Germany. The advice includes construction, corporate, commercial, employment, EU and immigration law, as well as finance and tax law issues.
- Advising a German metal processing company in a distressed acquisition of a Slovenian electronics manufacturer and its intellectual property.
- Advising a Slovenian valve manufacturer on its acquisition by a German company group, one of the market leaders in the field of water supply and disposal in Germany. The deal was governed by German law.
- Advising and representing a German entrepreneur in relation to the winding-up of his company in Slovenia, involving company, employment and tax issues.
- Advising the majority shareholder of a German GmbH on company law matters and company governance, including on the shareholder meetings, expulsion of shareholders, collection of shares and payment of the expelled shareholder, dissolution of the company, non-competition obligations as well as on the appointment and removal of directors.
- Representing a director of a German GmbH in an objection proceeding before the Berlin Tax Office relating to a notice of liability issued by the Tax Office according to § 69 of the Fiscal Code of Germany (Liability of the representative).
- Advising heirs, the widow and a daughter of a Slovenian national, regarding a disputed share of the testator in a German GmbH. German company law, Slovenian family law and Slovenian inheritance law applied.
- Advising a Slovenian company, the leading producer of cardboard packaging in Slovenia, on corporate and tax issues regarding its commercial representation in Germany, as well as employment, residential and tax status of its commercial representative in Germany, a Slovenian citizen. The advice included Slovenian, German and EU law components.
- Advising a Hong-Kong entrepreneur on business immigration to Slovenia and Austria; the advice includes immigration, corporate and employment law.
- Advising a Russian-Israeli entrepreneur on business immigration to Slovenia and Germany; the advice includes immigration, company and employment law.
- Advising Italian entrepreneurs on establishing a luxury car rental company in Slovenia and its subsidiary in Italy, taking advantage of European freedom of services. This involved drafting the company's constitution, representation in shareholders' meetings, registration, drafting employment contracts, transport law, commercial law and tax advice.
- Advising Italian entrepreneurs and investors on setting up a luxury cars trading company in Slovenia and providing legal advice related to its business operations, including corporate, commercial, employment and tax matters.
- Advising a Sino-American investor on setting up a real estate finance company in Slovenia and innovative capital markets transactions; the advice includes capital markets, corporate, tax, immigration and employment issues.
- Advising and representing a Ukrainian entrepreneur with regard to corporate frauds committed against him in Ukraine, Panama, and Cyprus, misuse of the INTERPOL Red Notice system, and in real-estate fraud recovery actions in Ukraine.
- Advising international investors with regard to shares acquisition in Slovenia and structuring a holding company. The advice includes capital markets, financial, tax and company law issues.
- Advising an international trading company in financial crisis with regard to potential claims by the insolvency administrator against the company and protecting the directors from personal liability and filing for bankruptcy.
- Advising a Russian entrepreneur with regard to the liquidation of his company in Slovenia. The advice comprises general corporate, financial, employment and immigration issues and especially considers tax implications of the winding up of the company.
- Advising Chinese investors on business immigration to Slovenia. The advice includes general visa applications, residence and work permits, citizenship applications and family migration, as well as business advice on company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues.
- Advising an Italian commercial and trading company in relation to a distressed construction-assets acquisition in Slovenia, providing due diligence, negotiating with the insolvency administrators and drafting the acquisition contract.
- Acting for a German company, a technology leader in its segment of automotive components, in a dispute against its Slovenian technology and commercial partner. The advice related to commercial and corporate issues, including company directors' civil and criminal liability for commercial fraud, as well as to intellectual property, real estate, insolvency and litigation matters.
Advising a Middle Eastern investor in relation to setting up a business in Slovenia, including company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues, as well as general visa applications, residence permits and family migration.
Advising an EU based company, representing a state-owned Asian oil corporation, on a high value commercial agency contract governed by English law and subject to the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Rules.
- Advising an Italian company group in a distressed acquisition of a Slovenian company. The advice includes company, insolvency, finance, real estate, contract and tax law issues.
Advising and representing a German construction company on setting up a company in Slovenia and conducting its construction business in Slovenia and in Germany. The advice includes corporate and commercial law, as well as real estate, financial, tax, employment, immigration and administrative law matters.
- Acting for the insolvency administrator of a German company in corporate and intellectual property disputes with regard to the company's trust beneficiary rights and intellectual property rights in a distressed Slovenian company.
- Advising non EU-citizens on investment and business immigration to various European Union countries, among them UK, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy and Slovenia. The advice includes general visa applications, residence, work permits, citizenship applications and family migration, as well as business advice on company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues.
- Representing a shareholder in a corporate dispute before a court in Slovenia. The claimant claims his right to exit the company at a fair price under Slovenian company law.
Advising an Italian company group on setting up a road transport company in Slovenia and on conducting its international transport business. Advice includes corporate, transport, commercial, finance, insurance, tax, employment and administrative issues.
- Acting for a Moldova-headquartered textile group in an acquisition of an automotive textile manufacturing company, a subsidiary of an international Slovenian company in insolvency, including representing the group in the bankruptcy auction.
Advising one of Italy's leading coffee producers in relation to its international corporate transactions.
Advising an Italian company on Slovenian corporate and commercial law and formation an e-commerce company in Slovenia.
Advising a leading German supplier of robots and automated production systems on its corporate transactions in Slovenia.
Advising an international holding company headquartered in Austria on a complex acquisition of a construction company in Slovenia; the transaction involved corporate, commercial, intellectual property, real estate, finance, tax and employment issues.
Advising a Ukrainian investor on business immigration to Slovenia and on setting up media and tourism companies.
Advising a German global aviation group on corporate compliance and employment matters in Slovenia, including drafting rules of employment and contracts of employment.
Advising an international online printing company on its cross-border corporate transactions and related matters, including competition, corporate compliance and employment.