MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS (M&A)
Bucik Law Firm advises on domestic and multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions, offering clients a wealth of international expertise and experience, while maintaining an in-depth understanding of national legal regulations and local markets.
The firm’s M&A clients include public and private companies, ranging from multinational corporations to emerging companies, private equity and other financial sponsors, including venture capital, and financial advisors.
Our lawyers handle complex and innovative M&A transactions, which usually involve many different legal practices. Alongside M&A advice, we provide specialist advice on tax, EU and competition, employment, finance, securities, intellectual property, dispute resolution, regulatory matters, real estate, and other support areas.
In order to maintain our high level of service we undertake systematic study and research in the field of corporate law and M&A transactions.
The M&A practice is led by attorney Franc Bucik. Franc is an experienced M&A specialist with outstanding knowledge of European M&A law, having been involved in national and cross-border transactions. He also completed master's study of European Law at the Donau-Universität Krems, Austria with the thesis Takeovers in the EU - The Directive on Takeover Bids and its Implementation in Austria and Germany, where he presented European takeover regulation, takeover legislations in Austria and Germany and comparatively examined the implementation of the European Takeover Directive in Austria and Germany.
Our M&A experience includes:
- Advising a German metal processing company in a distressed acquisition of a Slovenian electronics manufacturer and its intellectual property.
- Advising a Slovenian valve manufacturer on its acquisition by a German company group, one of the market leaders in the field of water supply and disposal in Germany. The deal was governed by German law.
- Conducting intellectual property due diligence for a Russian company on an acquisition target company in Slovenia.
- Advising an Italian company group in a distressed acquisition of a Slovenian company. The advice includes company, insolvency, finance, real estate, contract and tax law issues.
- Acting for a Moldova-headquartered textile group in an acquisition of an automotive textile manufacturing company, a subsidiary of an international Slovenian company in insolvency, including representing the group in the bankruptcy auction.
- Advising an international holding company headquartered in Austria on a complex acquisition of a construction company in Slovenia; the transaction involved corporate, commercial, intellectual property, real estate, finance, tax and employment issues.