Bucik Law Firm provides a wide range of intellectual property services, advising on the acquisition, exploitation, use and enforcement of intellectual property rights. We provide IP advice to clients on an international basis, assisting them in both domestic and cross-border transactions and disputes throughout Europe.
We have experience in dealing with IP issues for large commercial organisations, small to medium-size businesses and government departments as well as individual inventors and artists.
Our lawyers provide both strategic commercial and litigation-related (contentious) advice over a wide variety of disciplines. We have been involved in a number of IP transactions – including in acquisitions, restructurings and insolvency proceedings. We have substantial experience in litigating of IP cases in many different courts and tribunals.
Our areas of work include:
- trademarks, brands and designs
- IP audits and due diligence
- IP litigation
- technology transfer
- commercialisation of IP including strategic advice
- license, supply, distribution and related commercial agreements
- trade secrets and confidential information
- data protection and data privacy
Our intellectual property experience includes:
- Advising and representing a Slovenian robot manufacturer before German courts in commercial and technology litigation, arising from a robot manufacturing contract. After the client had delivered the robot cell to the end buyer in Germany, one of the worlds leaders in surface finishing technology, their German commercial counterpart withdrew from the contract, declined to complete the payment and raised a compensation claim for the delivery delay.
- Advising a German metal processing company in a distressed acquisition of a Slovenian electronics manufacturer and its intellectual property.
- Conducting intellectual property due diligence for a Russian company on an acquisition target company in Slovenia.
- Acting for a German company, a technology leader in its segment of automotive components, in a dispute against its Slovenian technology and commercial partner. The advice related to commercial and corporate issues, including company directors' civil and criminal liability for commercial fraud, as well as to intellectual property, real estate, insolvency and litigation matters.
- Defending an Italian company group in a complex intellectual property and competition case against several European car manufacturers, claiming infringement of trademark and design rights by products imported from China, including representation in proceedings before the European customs authorities and in litigation before the courts in Slovenia.
- Acting for the insolvency administrator of a German company in corporate and intellectual property disputes with regard to the company's trust beneficiary rights and intellectual property rights in a Slovenian company and subsequently representing it in insolvency proceedings against this company.
- Advising an international holding company headquartered in Austria on a complex acquisition of a construction company in Slovenia; the transaction involved corporate, commercial, intellectual property, real estate, finance, tax and employment issues.
- Representing an international pharmaceutical group in a complex, multi-jurisdictional litigation case, including in interim injunction proceedings, in relation to infringements of group's intellectual property rights and compensation claims before Slovenian courts.
- Providing advice on copyrights of a famous Slovenian architect who created his masterpieces in Vienna, Prague and Ljubljana.