REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION
The Real Estate and Construction Practice is one of the cornerstones of Bucik Law Firm. Our lawyers bring strong local and international expertise and experience to assist you in all your real estate projects.
We advise national and international clients on the entire spectrum of their real estate-related legal needs and assist them in all phases of planning and executing their projects. We handle real estate transactions, development, construction, acquisitions, management, leasing, real estate financing, including tax law issues. We represent our clients in court and mediation proceedings, as well as in out-of-court settlement negotiations.
Our clients include institutional and private investors, commercial developers, financial institutions, real estate funds, joint ventures, construction companies, real estate service providers, including brokers and property managers, commercial retail companies, mortgage banking/consumer finance companies, governmental agencies and property owners, from large companies to sole proprietors.
Clients often bring us in early on in the planning stage of a deal to help them formulate and execute their strategic, financial and tax objectives.
Bucik Law Firm advises both national and international clients on a wide variety of construction projects.
We provide advice related to development projects, plant construction, infrastructure projects, residential projects and commercial buildings. Our lawyers act for private and public sector clients, including project developers, owners, lenders, contractors and equipment suppliers.
Our assistance ranges from the initial conception and planning of a construction project, public procurement, negotiation and drafting of contracts, throughout construction, to project close-out.
We have a good understanding of risk management and the financing of construction projects.
We resolve all types of construction disputes. We protect your interests in courts, arbitration, mediation, and other dispute resolution proceedings.
Our real estate and construction experience includes:
- Advising and representing a German entrepreneur on setting up a construction company in Slovenia and conducting his construction business in Slovenia and Germany. The advice includes construction, corporate, commercial, employment, EU and immigration law, as well as finance and tax law issues.
- Advising and representing a Slovenian construction company regarding payment for work on a construction project in Germany.
- Representing a German subcontractor in a lawsuit against the general contractor in relation to claims arising from a reconstruction of a cement plant in Germany.
- Acting for a German real estate company in connection with a hotel enlargement construction project in Germany; the hotel is part of a renowned international hotel chain.
- Advising a Sino-American investor on setting up a real estate finance company in Slovenia and innovative capital markets transactions; the advice includes capital markets, corporate, tax, immigration and employment issues.
- Advising and representing a Ukrainian entrepreneur with regard to corporate frauds committed against him in Ukraine, Panama, and Cyprus, misuse of the INTERPOL Red Notice system, and in real-estate fraud recovery actions in Ukraine.
Providing financial due diligence for a German construction company related to a multi million real estate project financing involving several European banks.
- Advising Chinese investors on business immigration to Slovenia. The advice includes general visa applications, residence and work permits, citizenship applications and family migration, as well as business advice on company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues.
- Acting for a German company, a technology leader in its segment of automotive components, in a dispute against its Slovenian technology and commercial partner. The advice related to commercial and corporate issues, including company directors' civil and criminal liability for commercial fraud, as well as to intellectual property, real estate, insolvency and litigation matters.
Advising a Middle Eastern investor in relation to setting up a business in Slovenia, including company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues, as well as general visa applications, residence permits and family migration.
- Advising an Italian company group in a distressed acquisition of a Slovenian company. The advice includes company, insolvency, finance, real estate, contract and tax law issues.
- Advising and representing a German construction company on setting up a company in Slovenia and conducting its construction business in Slovenia and in Germany. The advice includes corporate and commercial law, as well as real estate, financial, tax, employment, immigration, residence and work permits and administrative law matters.
Advising non EU-citizens on investment and business immigration to various European Union countries, among them UK, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy and Slovenia. The advice includes general visa applications, residence permits, citizenship applications and family migration, as well as business advice on company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues.
Advising a Slovenian construction company on a real estate acquisition in a bankruptcy proceeding and assisting in financial and mortgage negotiations with its bank.
Acting for a Moldova-headquartered textile group in an acquisition of an automotive textile manufacturing company, including real estate, machinery and other assets, a subsidiary of an international Slovenian company in bankruptcy and representing it in the bankruptcy auction.
- Acting for a beneficiary, a German citizen, in complex succession issues in Slovenia, including defending the beneficiary in probate courts against against the claims of the deceased's former partner, assisting in the sale of the inherited real estate, as well as representation in real estate and inheritance tax proceedings.
- Advising Italian citizens, heirs of a testator residing in Slovenia, on Slovenian inheritance law and representing them in inheritance proceedings in Slovenia as well as in the sale of inherited real estate.
Advising a European sovereign state on complex real estate matters and transactions in Slovenia.
Advising an international holding company headquartered in Austria on a complex acquisition of a construction company in Slovenia; the transaction involved corporate, commercial, intellectual property, real estate, finance, tax and employment issues.
- Advising Russian citizens on real estate (land, houses and apartments) acquisitions in Slovenia, providing complete conveyancing solutions and setting up trusts and companies.
- Advising British citizens on buying and selling real estate (land, houses and apartments) in Slovenia, providing complete conveyancing services. The advice included pre contract searches and enquiries, contract drafting and negotiations, mortgages, deeds and tax advice.