Whether operating on land, at sea or in the air, the transport sector offers ample opportunities for growth. The transport law governing this sector is multi-layered, fragmented, international and complex.
At Bucik Law Firm, we provide our clients with the support they need to operate successfully on national and international scale. Our transport lawyers have broad industry knowledge and many years of experience working within this constantly evolving sector.
Bucik Law Firm offers a full range of legal services to both public and private sector clients. We support our clients in all questions related to contract drafting, finance, insurance, employment, claims for damages, conflict resolution as well as criminal responsibility of the parties involved.
Our transport law expertise focuses on:
- Automotive law
- Road transport law
- Maritime law
- Rail transport law
- Aviation law
- Multimodal transport law
- Logistics law
- Finance law
- Insurance law
- Employment law
- Liability for damage
Our experience within these areas includes:
- Advising a Chinese trading and investment company, with a subsidiary based in the Netherlands, on setting up a subsidiary/branch of its Dutch subsidiary in Slovenia to provide local road logistics and transport services.
- Representing a Slovenian trucking company in a lawsuit before German courts, claiming payments from a German logistics company for carriage of goods in several EU countries.
- Representing an Italian transport company in a lawsuit in Germany against a German forwarding company regarding freight claims; the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR) and the Rome I Regulation (EC) applied.
- Representing a trading company against the carrier and its insurer in a lawsuit in Slovenia to recover damages arising out of an international road cargo transport.
- Advising and representing a creditor regarding a repayment claim arising from a Pilot Training Contract with the Slovenian national airline, including acting in insolvency proceedings.
- Advising Italian entrepreneurs on establishing a luxury car rental company in Slovenia and its subsidiary in Italy, taking advantage of European freedom of services. This involved drafting the company's constitution, representation in shareholders' meetings, registration, drafting employment contracts, transport law, commercial law, and tax advice.
- Advising a Hungarian transport company regarding compensation claims arising from a traffic accident in Germany.
- Defending a Romanian transport company against compensation claims of an Austrian transport and logistics company in litigation before a Slovenian court. Co-defendants are several insurance companies. The claims arose from a traffic accident in Slovenia involving multiple vehicles from various European countries.
- Defending a Hungarian transport company in Slovenian courts and representing in the Constitutional Court, charged with violations of technical and safety standards in road transport.
- Advising an Italian company group on setting up a road transport company in Slovenia and on conducting its international transport business. Advice includes corporate, transport, commercial, financial, insurance, tax, employment, and administrative issues.
- Representing a Russian aviation company in commercial litigation before a Slovenian court.
- Representing a Swiss trading company in litigation before Slovenian courts regarding an international transport matter, including maritime transport.
- Advising an international company on a high value yacht construction and purchase, including yacht finance and insurance.
- Advising a German global aviation group on corporate compliance and employment matters in Slovenia, including drafting rules of employment and contracts of employment.