At Bucik Law Firm, we provide legal advice on national, European and international tax law issues advising corporate entities, trusts and individuals.
In our increasingly connected global marketplace, almost every business transaction has a cross-border component. Businesses experience complex tax issues, that require a coordinated delivery of services incorporating both knowledge of national legislation, including tax treaties, as well as the appropriate international perspective.
We work closely with other professionals, such as tax consultants, accountants and financial advisors to find the best solution for you, your family and your business. Much of our work has an international dimension and we collaborate with specialised law firms in main European jurisdictions.
Our areas of tax expertise covers:
- Forming companies and trusts
Tax planning for national and international mergers, acquisitions and joint-ventures
Tax planning for national and international investment funds
Establishment of national and international holding structures
Reconstructions, reorganisations and wind-ups
Business exit and succession tax planning
Capital gains tax planning
Real estate tax
Employee remuneration planning
Excise duties and VAT consultancy in relation to property and other commercial transactions
Private client domicile, tax and estate planning
- Income tax
- Tax planning with double taxation treaties and European law
We also provide comprehensive and practical advice across the range of tax disputes, tax compliance and tax controversies. We represent clients at all stages of the administrative process, from audit through administrative appeal, and at every judicial level.
Our tax experience includes:
- Advising and representing a German entrepreneur on setting up a construction company in Slovenia and conducting his construction business in Slovenia and Germany. The advice includes construction, corporate, commercial, employment, EU and immigration law, as well as finance and tax law issues.
- Advising a Slovenian citizen residing in Germany as to his tax domicile under Slovenian and German legislation.
- Advising and representing a German entrepreneur in relation to the winding-up of his company in Slovenia, involving company, employment and tax issues.
- Representing a director of a German GmbH in an objection proceeding before the Berlin Tax Office relating to a notice of liability issued by the Tax Office according to § 69 of the Fiscal Code of Germany (Liability of the representative).
- Advising a Slovenian company, the leading producer of cardboard packaging in Slovenia, on corporate and tax issues regarding its commercial representation in Germany, as well as employment, residential and tax status of its commercial representative in Germany, a Slovenian citizen. The advice included Slovenian, German and EU law components.
- Advising Italian entrepreneurs on establishing a luxury car rental company in Slovenia and its subsidiary in Italy, taking advantage of European freedom of services. This involved drafting the company's constitution, representation in shareholders' meetings, registration, drafting employment contracts, transport law, commercial law and tax advice.
- Advising Italian entrepreneurs and investors on setting up a luxury cars trading company in Slovenia and providing legal advice related to its business operations, including corporate, commercial, employment and tax matters.
- Advising a Sino-American investor on setting up a real estate finance company in Slovenia and innovative capital markets transactions; the advice includes capital markets, corporate, tax, immigration and employment issues.
- Advising international investors with regard to shares acquisition in Slovenia and structuring a holding company. The advice includes capital markets, financial, tax and company law issues.
Advising a Russian entrepreneur with regard to the liquidation of his company in Slovenia. The advice comprises general corporate, financial, employment and immigration issues and especially considers tax implications of the winding up of the company.
- Advising Chinese investors on business immigration to Slovenia. The advice includes general visa applications, residence and work permits, citizenship applications and family migration, as well as business advice on company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues.
Advising a Middle Eastern investor in relation to setting up a business in Slovenia, including company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues, as well as general visa applications, residence and work permits and family migration.
Advising an Italian company group in a distressed acquisition of a Slovenian company. The advice includes company, insolvency, finance, real estate, contract and tax law issues.
Advising and representing a German construction company on setting up a company in Slovenia and conducting its construction business in Slovenia and in Germany. The advice includes corporate and commercial law, as well as real estate, financial, tax, employment, immigration, residence and work permits and administrative law matters.
- Advising the world's leading jewelry and accessories provider on Slovenian fiscal and tax legislation.
- Advising non EU-citizens on investor and business immigration to various European Union countries, among them UK, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy and Slovenia. The advice includes general visa applications, residence, work permits, citizenship applications and family migration, as well as business advice on company formation, employment, real estate and tax issues.
Advising an Italian company group on setting up a road transport company in Slovenia and on conducting its international transport business, including assistance on corporate, transport, commercial, finance, insurance, tax, employment and administrative issues.
Representing a Slovenian international trading company in a tax dispute before tax authorities and courts in Slovenia regarding European Union value added tax (EU VAT) issues.
- Acting for a beneficiary, a German citizen, in complex succession issues in Slovenia, including defending the beneficiary in probate courts against the claims of the deceased's former partner, assisting in the sale of the inherited real estate, as well as representation in real estate and inheritance tax proceedings.
Advising an international holding company headquartered in Austria on a complex acquisition of a construction company in Slovenia; the transaction involved corporate, commercial, intellectual property, real estate, finance, tax and employment issues.
- Advising Slovenian citizens on succession planning under the Slovenian law of succession and tax law, drafting wills and representing them in probate courts.